SMALL & MEDIUM INDUSTRIES DEVELOPMENT CORPORATION
Grant - Loan Facility
Grant and Loan facility (GLF) is a joint facility between SMIDEC and SME Bank. Assistance is given in the form of grant (SMIDEC) and loan (SME Bank). SMIDEC will cover up to 50% of the approved projectcost and 45% will be financed by SME Bank. SMEs are required to contribute for remaining 5%.
To Provide assistance for SMEs in the form of grant (SMIDEC) and loan (SME Bank) for:
• Specific cost for business start-up
• Product and process improvement
• Certification and quality management systems
• Enhancing product packaging
• Development and promotion of Halal products
• Manufacturing related services
• Services (excluding insurance and financial services)
• SMEs incorprated under the Companies Act 1965 or Registration of Businesses Act 1965 with annual sales turnover of not exceeding RM25 million and full time employees not exceeding 150
• For services sector, SMEs incorprated under the Registration of Businesses Act 1965 with an annual sales turnover of niot exceeding 50.
• At least 60% equity held by Malaysians.
• Possess valid business premise
• Aviable project with growth potential and is able to prove loan repayment ability.
• Financing is based on joint approval between SMIDEC and SME Bank.
Limit, Nature, Tenure, Margin of Financing and Profit Rate for Financing
i) Terms and conditions applied are based on standard guidelines of SMIDEC and SME Bank with minimum financing of RM20,000.
ii) The above financing can also be packaged with working capital financing (fixed/revolving), subject to item (i)
iii) Interest /Profit Rate : 4% - 6% per annum based on standard guidelines of SME Bank's loan fund.
• Based on standard guidelines of SME Bank.
Application can be made using the Grant and Loan Facility (GLF)
Form which can be obtained free of charge from SME Bank or or download here:
Application Form Grant and Loan Facility (GLF)
Further information on this Scheme can be obtained from:
Menara SME Bank,
Jalan Sultan Ismail,
Peti Surat 12352,
50774 Kuala Lumpur,
Tel : (603) 2615 2020, (603) 2615 2828
Fax: (603) 2692 8520, (603) 2698 1748
Small and Medium Industries Development
Aras 20, West Wing, Menara MATRADE
Jalan Khidmat Usaha, Off Jalan Duta
50480 Kuala Lumpur
Tel No: 03-6207 6000
Fax No: 03-6201 6564
E-mail : firstname.lastname@example.org
Hotline : 1-300-88-1801